Sunday, June 14, 2009

Getting Started

I have thought for some time that writing a blog was a good idea. The problem is, that getting started is hard. How do you start a blog? I guess you start by telling a little about yourself.

Hi, my name is Allison. I am a wife to Steve and mother to 2 young boys - Jack, age 4 and Henry (Hemi) age 2 1/2. I didn't plan on having two children that close together, but God had another idea. After having a difficult time conceiving Jack, Steve and I were completely over the moon for him, and felt like our family was complete. SURPRISE! Along came Hemi, and I now know my family is complete.


Steve and I are from North Carolina originally - he from Gastonia and Lumberton and I from Rocky Mount. We met through the internet while we were still in college, and will be celebrating 10 years of marriage this November. After we graduated from college, we both landed jobs in Raleigh (he was already there due to college). Pretty soon, his company offered him a chance to grow, however we had to move to Indianapolis. So we did. We lived in Indy for almost 7 years, and moved back to Raleigh in August 2007, right before Hemi's first birthday.


Steve was travelling a lot for his company, so he decided to go back to school to get his Master degree in Accounting and sit for the CPA exam. We moved to Greenville, NC (home of the East Carolina University Pirates!) which incidently is where I got my undergrad degree in Accounting. I have been unable to find a job in this part of the state, as it is REALLY rural. If I can get a job in the Raleigh area, we will be moving back there, and Steve will commute. He only has until December 2010 (next year!). He currently has a 4.0 GPA. I am SOOO proud of him.


As for me, I am reinventing myself. I used to know who I was, but 2 kids, and a long lay off from work, and I am not so sure any more. I think that I will use this blog to discover what I like, and what I don't like. It will be an interesting journey.



Alli C

No comments:

Post a Comment