Friday, July 24, 2009

Fitness Friday

Well, I have to say that I am really disappointed. I actually GAINED 1 pound this week (aside: I did weigh in on Thursday morning instead of Friday so I could get the blog out this week.). I have a feeling that it is due to the increase in exercise and an increase in muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, and if I lost a pound of fat, I might have gained 2 pounds of muscle. I could also make excuses like, I didn't start exercising or drinking water until Monday, I had a lot of stress this week, etc. All I can say is that I gained a pound, instead of losing any.

That put aside, I am going to stick by my routine. If you have been following me on Twitter, you know that I have been doing the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. As of Thursday, I had completed 7 miles of walking this week. For someone like me, who is OBESE (not fat, but OBESE), walking 7 miles in addition to the normal activity is quite an accomplishment.

I have also been trying to add more water and less sugary drinks, which I am greatly accustomed to. I have not been able to give up my morning 2-3 cups of coffee, but I have been drinking either water, or Crystal Light the rest of the day (another aside - unless of course my blood sugar drops, and then I have had something with sugar in it).

I have a weightloss goal of 100+ pounds. That is a lot of weight, and I am trying not to think about how much that really is. I am trying to take this one day/one week at a time. There are several reasons for doing this.

1. I am tired of being fat. I have been fat most of my life.

2. I want to get my Type 2 Diabetes under control. If I lose the weight, and stop eating/drinking the sugary, fattening things, I might be able to control it without the use of drugs.

3. I want to do more with my boys, and that means I have to get my energy and confidence up.


Stay tuned to see what happens next week.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Each week, I will give you one or two things I have learned over the years during my many attempts to lose weight. While these are things that I KNOW, they are not always things that I follow.

This week's TIP: 3500 calories = 1 pound. If you decrease your caloric intake by 3500 calories (or increase your caloric output or exercise), you will lose 1 pound.

God Bless,

Alli C

No comments:

Post a Comment