Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Long Time - No See

It has been quite a long time since I wrote a post. So much has gone on. Last weekend, I had a yard sale. It was semi-successful. I wouldn't say it was totally successful, as I had to give some deep discounts, and didn't get rid of everything. Most things I still have will be going on my ebay store (www.stores.ebay.com/bestfriendscollectibles) in the near future. We did sell the crib (for what we wanted), and we did get rid of a LOT of stuff.

The day after the yard sale, Steve's dad and stepmom came for a visit. We had a lovely time, and they brought some new toys for the pool. I haven't put water in the pool to swim since the new toys, so the boys came up with a new game.

Monday, I took Jack to the University of NC-Chapel Hill to see a pediatric orthodaedist. Jack has been walking on his tip toes for quite a while, and does it exclusively. He is able to stand flat-footed, however his foot and leg are not able to be in a 90 degree position. The muscles in his heel are extremely "tight". The doctors would like to put casts on his legs to force his foot and leg to be at 90 degrees. He has to wear them for 3 weeks (24/7). Thankfully, it is not something that has to be done immediately, so we can wait until after beach season before getting him fitted.

I am not sure WHAT I did on Tuesday. I think I did some housework and laundry. I rested mostly, as the weekend and the trip to Chapel Hill wore me out!

Today, I have been to the park for a short amount of time, the veggie stand, and Wal-Mart. I am so excited to have some Silver Queen corn. I haven't had any in a LONG time, and I can't wait to eat it. If you have never had Silver Queen corn, it is a white kernel, and is SUPER sweet. I think I got some pretty young corn, which in my opinion is better. I also got some tomatoes, blueberries, and 2 canteloupes. I have cut up one canteloupe, and we have been snacking on it this afternoon. Hemi fell asleep in the car on the way home, and didn't wake up too much when I brought him in. He took a pretty long nap, and had some cheese and canteloupe when he got up. Jack has been eating like a HORSE the past few days. I cannot seem to get him full at ALL. He is eating canteloupe and Papa crackers (aka Ritz crackers with peanut butter).

What a busy week! I am planning on taking the kids to visit with my mom, niece and nephew over the weekend. Mom wants us to take all 4 kids (ages 2 1/2-5 1/2) to Kings Dominion on Saturday. I have mixed emotions - 1. There are 4 small kids 2. It is a HOLIDAY, and the place will be PACKED!!!! I would prefer a less crowded place with that many kids, although it will probably be a lot of fun for the kids. Mom has taken my niece and nephew, and they had a blast. Steve will be home for this, as he has a test on Monday that he needs to study for. I'll keep you posted as what we end up doing. I am sure that I will have a TON of pictures.

Until next time - God Bless!!!

Alli C

1 comment:

  1. Whew! You make me tired! It's great you're so busy, I'm just sitting in bed bathing in chocolate pudding lol.

    ReplyDelete