Friday, August 14, 2009

Fitness Friday - Planning and Journals

In the past, I have followed the Weight Watchers Points system, and found it extremely simple. This might be because I am an accountant, and I LOVE numbers. The other thing that I found helpful as I was losing weight with Weight Watchers, is planning. I planned the supper menu, and then I could plan the rest of the day's food based on the remaining points. I could also plan how to get my fruits and veggies in as well as the milk/calcium. It allowed me to eat what I wanted, and not feel like I was dieting. Spaghetti was my fave, and I liked to eat a lot of it. I would eat as few points as possible during the day, so that I could "load up" on pasta at night. I tried to make spaghetti on the weekends, so I could eat it early enough in the day and not go to bed with a full tummy.

Another tool that helped me was writing down everything that I ate. It was a chore, but it made me accountable, if I didn't eat within my points range. I could also go back and revisit the journals to see when I had a big weight loss. Once I stopped journalling, I noticed that I would sneak food, and forget to count my points. That's when the weight came creeping back.

TIP OF THE WEEK: Caffeine can make you bloated. Add a cup of non-caffeinated, sugar-free liquid for each cup of caffeine you drink. This will help you flush out the caffeine in your body. (Please note I am not a nutritionist or doctor, this is just something I have noticed in my own body).

Have a good week!

God Bless,


Alli C

No comments:

Post a Comment