Friday, August 7, 2009

Fitness Friday

Good Morning! I do not have an update on my weightloss (or gain), as I have not been home this week. I have spent the week at the hospital with my sister, who is fighting post-chemo infections. These have been serious infections, and she is not out of the woods yet. For more info, you can click the button on the right-Update on Elizabeth.

I will tell you that I have not been able to get in my water, and I have not been able to exercise. I am a little disappointed, as I had begun to notice some muscle tone in my upper arms and thighs, and now I am losing it. I have also pretty much stopped eating. I am an eater, but when I get extremely stressed, I don't eat. I drink. And I have had tons of Mt. Dew and Starbucks to get me through. I do try to eat at least one thing a day, so I am not passing out on the hospital floor. I haven't been pushing the water because you have to de-gown and go down the hall a ways to the restroom. And my sister's condition has been bad enough I didn't want to leave her that often.

I know, I know that I have to take care of myself. It is easier said than done sometimes. I am committed to getting back on track once we get this situation under control.

TIP OF THE WEEK: Portion control - 3 oz of meat is the same size as the palm of your hand.

Have a great day!

God Bless,

Alli C

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry! I will pray for you and your sister right now! Try to get a bite of protein like peanut butter, nuts or eggs, even though you don't feel like it.

    Nothin' like an espresso drink for some pep, though, huh?

    ReplyDelete