Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Hemi!!!

Today is a special day for me. Today, my younger son turns 3. Wow, was it really 3 years ago that I had him? I still see him as my baby. Since I am not having any more kids, he is my baby.

Daddyman and I did not plan on having Hemi when we did. He was God's gift to us. And what a great gift he has been!

Hemi's pregnancy was a lot rougher on me than Jack's, but I think it was because I got pregnant so soon after having Jack. I have diabetes, so any pregnancy is high risk, but it was even more high risk because of getting pregnant so soon. I had to have weekly doctor's appointments throughout the pregnancy, and was even sent to a pediatric cardiologist to ensure that Hemi's heart was alright. I did eventually have to go to the hospital twice a week for non-stress test, and to the doctor's office once a week.

Everything about him was perfect, except he kept trying to escape early. I went into labor at 30 weeks, and began to have some bleeding, so we ended up in the hospital overnight. The contractions were stopped, and I went home. Again, at 35 weeks, I went into labor again, and was given the choice to have him, or stop contractions and wait. I chose to wait because I wanted him to be as developed as he could be. I knew that if he was born early, he might have some problems, and have to stay in the NICU. I wanted to do whatever I could to prevent that. So, I was released from the hospital, and put on bed rest. That is hard when you have an 18 month old at home. Finally, at 37 weeks, an amnio was done to see if Hemi's lungs were developed (and they were).

Henry McAllister was born at 8:16 am on August 29, 2006 weighing 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 inches long.









Alli C

No comments:

Post a Comment