Monday, September 21, 2009

Again, with the football?

What a day in football! The Redskins won…it was an ugly win, but a win none the less. The Cowgirls LOST the home opener in their new-bigger-than-anything-else-in-Texas stadium (OK, so it was to the Giants, but it is a LOSS). The NE Patriots lost to the NEW YORK JETSTHE NEW YORK JETS!!! Carolina Panthers are 0-2, although Jake Delhomme looked a lot better. Let's see if his change in momentum can change the rest of the team. I hope so (although I am a die-hard 'Skins fan, I root for the Panthers as long as they are not playing the 'Skins).

In fantasy news…

It is week 2, and I have been brought down off of my first week winning high. I still have a chance to pull out a win in the Momspective II (MII) league, but it all hinges on Joseph Addai (RB, Indianapolis). In the Momspective II league, my opponent has Joseph Addai, and if he gets more than 11 points, I am toast this week.

In my league with Daddyman, I played the Philadelphia defense against the New Orleans offense, and that cost me a quite a bit of points. Drew Brees had some great numbers, and I think he is the one to watch this year. Otherwise, I got kicked around this week by Daddyman's team. It has been BRUTAL, but I have a chance to pull it out if Joseph Addai (RB, Indianapolis) and Dallas Clark (TE, Indianapolis) can get me some points. I am hoping that Peyton will be throwing a few TDs to Clark, and Addai will get a few yards, but not a LOT (remember, my opponent in the MII league has him). Man, I hope I can pull this out…

I had some pretty poor performers, and I am going to have to re-evaluate this week. This week, I am going to be looking at Defense/Special Teams. In MII, I have the New England Patriots as my Defense/Special Teams. I may be analyzing this too much, but I am not sure that NE is the best defense any more. We'll see what happens this week. I am going to look into injuries, and make a think about changing out my defense. I am going to need to pick up an additional Defense/Special Teams, as bye weeks start in week 4.

Here is a schedule of the bye weeks:

Week 4: Cardinals, Falcons, Eagles, Panthers

Week 5: Bears, Packers, Saints, Chargers

Week 6: Cowboys, Colts, Dolphins, 49ers

Week 7: Ravens, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, Titans

Week 8: Bengals, Steelers, Chiefs, Patriots, Buccaneers, Redskins

Week 9: Bills, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Raiders, Rams

Week 10: Giants, Texans

Have a good week everyone!

Alli C

1 comment:

  1. Smile when you talk about my Cowgirls..err.. Cowboys. I'm doing some "re-evaluating" also, lol. Thanks for the Bye week reminder, I love your football posts (and all your other posts, too).

    ReplyDelete