Thursday, September 17, 2009

Football Fantasies

OK, so it is official, I beat Daddyman in a head-to-head competition this week! Yay me! We have great competitiveness, and he was not a happy camper that he lost to me in the first week. He kept explaining that since I had Drew Brees (QB for New Orleans, who had a MONSTER week last week), I naturally won. It didn't hurt that I had the Philadelphia Defense that also had a MONSTER week against the Carolina Panthers.

I also won in my first week in the Momspective league. This was an exciting week for me! I love to play games, and LOVE to be aggressively competitive.

Now I have turned my attention to this coming week, and what my match-ups are. In the Momspective league, I am looking at the offensive-defensive match ups. It is important to see how a defense will play against your offense. If your QB or WR is going to be playing against a GREAT defense, that is able to stop passing or gets a lot of sacks, you might want to choose a different player. In my case, I have the Jay Cutler (Chi), Eli Manning (NYG) and Matt Ryan (Atl) as my choices for QB this week. Jay Cutler did not have a good week last week, and is going against the Pittsburgh Steelers defense. The Steelers are a decent defense, and this choice is risky…you just don't know what's going to happen. Eli Manning is going against the Dallas Cowgirl defense. This too in my opinion is risky, as Dallas and NY are division rivals, and NY likes to run a lot. When Eli passes though, and connects, it will be good. I am going with Matt Ryan again this week. He is going against the Carolina defense, which has issues. Atlanta has a good offense (including Matt Ryan), so this is my best option this week.

It is important that you do your homework on your players…especially QBs, WRs, and RBs. You can kind of skate through on Defense/Special Teams, and Kickers. No one likes kickers or punters any how…unless it is Hunter Smith of the Washington Redskins. On Sunday, he was the holder for the kicker, Shaun Suisham to kick a field goal. He picks up the ball, and runs it in 8 yards to score a touchdown leading into the half. The 'Skins were down 17-0, and they needed that boost tremendously.

Tell your hubby about your pick for QB this week, and have a discussion about it. If you do your homework, it will be a good conversation. Then watch the stats on Sunday (During Game Breaks, Half time, and scrolling at the bottom of your TV screen). You can discuss which QB is having the best day, and who is having the worst.

Have a good week!!!

Alli C

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - you kicked my butt in Week 1 in the Momspective League! The auto draft was not kind to me and I decided to ride it out and only make injury adjustments to the roster and compare it to my live draft league where I picked all the players myself. I've got Matty Ryan in that one - as well as Brady. Wish I had Ryan in Momspective - I am desperately seeking a QB there as I have Rivers and McNabb. Just dumped Donovan's butt and decided to ride it out with just Rivers until his bye week and pick someone up then. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete