Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday


It's beginning to look like FALL around here! YAY! The leaves are JUST beginning to turn. In about a week or so, it is going to be absolutely GORGEOUS around here. It is a little bit cooler this week, and I hope that it stays that way.

I have really been in the mood to make some fall/winter type meals – like Chili and Shepherd's pie. YUMMY!!!

Shankapotamus

Damn fire ants. I went to take the garbage out with my slippers on, and stepped right on a swarm of fire ants (no, I wasn't looking for them, so I didn't see them). Those things HURT like the dickens. My foot is swollen, and I have HUGE bites on it.

Also, damn crickets. We have been plagued all summer with some crickets chirping right outside our bedroom window, now they are on all sides of the house! Daddyman usually sleeps with a pillow over his head, because he isn't able to sleep with all the loud noise. The other morning, when the kids got up super duper uper early, Daddyman tried to stretch out on the couch with Jack, and was unable to sleep with all the noise the crickets were making. I'll be glad when it gets cold enough for them not to be around as much! I just don't want them in our house. Isn't it bad luck to kill a cricket?

Jack is an extremely PARTICULAR person. Sometimes he has a hard time using his imagination. He LOVES to color. Actually, that is an understatement. He absolutely ADORES coloring. He spends a lot of his day coloring. He likes for me to print out pictures from the internet of things from Disney and PBS Kids as well as Superman, Batman, and Spiderman. The thing is, he can't color Spiderman green. He HAS to color Spiderman exactly the way he is supposed to be colored. He is constantly asking me to look up a character online so that he can see what color a shirt or shoe is, because he doesn't remember ALL the colors. It is almost obsessive…

We get a lot of telemarketers calling. I have been meaning to add our number to the national Do Not Call list, but I keep forgetting. When we lived in Indiana, we had a GREAT statewide Do Not Call List, and only a couple of telemarketers could call (like for Police or newspapers). It was great! I really miss that, and other things from when we lived in Indiana. I miss Papa Murphy's pizza (take and bake, really inexpensive!)

I'm done with the randomness today…

Have a great week!

Alli C

No comments:

Post a Comment