Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

I am in Richmond helping my dad take care of my niece and nephew while my mom is living it up in New Orleans. Ok, so she's not really living it up...she's been in meeting after meeting after meeting since last Thursday. She comes home on Wednesday night (really late). And I get to go home on Thursday...hopefully before snow starts. I DO NOT want to get stuck in Richmond in snow. I would really like to go home. I love visiting up here, but I know I will be needed again in the near future, so I'd like to stay home as much as I can.

Daddy and I took the kids to a place called Kangaroo Jac's in Richmond on Saturday. It is a huge office space filled with giant inflatables to bounce on and slide down. The kids had a BLAST! And I admit that so did I. I got to slide and climb with the kids, but adults were not allowed to bounce, which was alright with me. There was this really tall slide that all of the kids adored. Hemi wouldn't go in alone, so I got in there, and slid with them. For almost 3 hours, the kids climbed, and slid, and jumped, and bounced. We bought some really expensive ice cream for them, and drinks, but they were famished when we got home, and tired. We really had a good time!

For those parents with more than 2 kids, I applaud you. I bow down, and I kiss the ground you walk on. Taking care of 4 kids is a lot of work. And I only have all of them for early in the morning and the evening. During breakfast, I feel like a short order cook. Everyone wants something different, and they have finally started to be patient as I fill the orders of each kid. Dinner is a little better. I only accept orders for flavored milk. Then it is on to bath time, which is loads of fun. It is a busy and exhausting 20 minutes. By the time they get into bed, I am ready to pass out as well. Then there's laundry and dishes. I have not been as agressive on laundry, and my dad has been doing the dishes. I truly don't know how you all with 3 or more kids do it. I guess you adapt to make things easier, and with me only being here a week, I haven't had the time to streamline things. Even with things streamlined, it is still a big undertaking, and you have my adoration.

God Bless,

Alli C

No comments:

Post a Comment