Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Jack

Today is my Jack's 5th birthday! What a blessing and miracle he has been.

Daddyman and I tried for a few years to get pregnant, but being overweight, and having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), it was impossible for us to get pregnant on our own. So we went to the BEST Reproductive Endocrinologist in the state of Indiana, Dr. Bonaventura. After many trials, there was much tribulation when I became pregnant with Jack.

My pregnancy with Jack was high-risk due to my hypertension (prior to pregnancy) and my Type 2 diabetes. I was monitored very closely by my OB and by an endocrinologist to ensure that both Jack and I were healthy.

Everything was great throughout the pregnancy, with no major issues. I never had morning sickness or Braxton-Hicks contractions. All of the non-stress tests were good, and at 36 weeks, I had an amniocentesis that showed that Jack’s lungs were not quite developed enough to induce labor. I was having some increased hypertension, so I was put on bed rest until Jack could be delivered.

I had a very rough delivery with Jack, and when he was born (via emergency C-section), he did not breathe right away. He finally did start breathing, but he never cried. We got settled, he went to have his bath, and began to have breathing trouble again. The pediatricians admitted him into the NICU until they could determine why he was having trouble breathing, and get it fixed. He spent the night and most of the next day in the NICU, but was soon released.

The first time I held him, I felt like my life was complete. Although I had wanted a houseful of kids, I was at peace with the fact that Jack might be my only child.

I am so blessed that God chose ME to be the mom of the wonderful, loving, creative, superhero-loving, beautiful miracle that is Jackson Stephens.

I love you, Bud, more than you will ever, ever know.



Jackson Stephens
3-16-05 6:23 PM
8 lbs. 6 oz. 22 in.








Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment