Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Deals, Deals, and more DEALS!

I have been clipping coupons for a while, trying to save a few pennies here and there. I had sort of gotten out of it the last few weeks as we were really busy with family. It is a part time job to scour all of the ads and coupons to get a good deal! Well this Sunday, I went and bought two different papers - The News and Observer out of Raleigh and The Daily Reflector out of Greenville (NC, not SC). Usually The N&O has a better coupon selection, and I buy The DR since I live in Greenville (support the local economy).

This week I felt like I had hit the jackpot of couponing. I got several WONDEFUL deals.

Target
Finish brand dishwasher packs (I chose the 40 gel packs, orange scented) were on sale for $3.49, and low and behold, there was a coupon in the paper for $2.50 off! I got the 40 gel packs for $.99! And they will last me a while, as I usually only run the dishwasher every other day. Also at Target, I got 200 flexible straws for $1.00 in their See, Spot, Save section near the front. Every once and a while, I will allow the boys to choose something out of the dollar bins as a treat. It keeps them occupied, and I don't have to quarrel with them over whether I am going to buy them a new toy. Usually, before we even walk in the door, I will tell them that we are not getting anything extra today, that we have a list, and Mommy is going to stick to it.

Kroger
Kroger had a deal this week, that if you purchased 10 participating items, you would get $5.00 reduction in your bill (it equals to $.50 an item). So I went through the list, and my coupons, and got some GREAT stuff:
Sargento cheese (I love this stuff!) - 11 slices for $.99
Quaker granola bars - 2 (10 bars each) packages for $2.25 total
Kleenex (with lotion) - 2 boxes for $.99 each
Those were my BIG deals, but I bought 15 items (including bread and milk which weren't on sale) for $20.17 and I SAVED $17.12. Their sale goes until Sunday, and you can get their ad on the web here.

For me, this was a great deal week! I hope that I will be able to continue the great savings. I am finding that since we are post-4th of July and pre-Back to School, not a lot of stores are having absolutely terrific sales. I am going to keep scouring the internet and the papers for great deals. I will keep you posted!

Here are a few websites that I have found recently that give great tips:

Super Jenn
Mommy Savers
Freebies 4 Mom

God Bless!


Alli C

No comments:

Post a Comment